Date:26 October 2023
- ● In Brief (click on the links to read more)
- ● There’s still time to sign up to join Dr Leo Pruimboom and Rob Verkerk PhD for a unique Masterclass
- ● Natural News
- ● Covid News
In Brief (click on the links to read more)
- Food News
- Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and gut health
- Vaccine hesitancy increases in pregnant women in the US
- UK CBD turmoil continues
- EU moves to water down regulation of ‘new GMOs’
- Pink Bollworm mutates to beat GMOs
- Australian university drops Traditional Chinese Medicine course
- Covid News inc:
- The Westminster Declaration
- Nobel prize in Chemistry awarded to quantum dot pioneers
- Covid injections…
- Shoddy science used to support non-pharmaceutical interventions
- Safety signal detected in young children following covid shots
- Plus more…
There’s still time to sign up to join Dr Leo Pruimboom and Rob Verkerk PhD for a unique Masterclass
We are delighted to announce a very special event for health professionals and health coaches — a unique opportunity to join Dr Leo Pruimboom, the founder of Clinical Psychoneuroimmunology, for a one-off, deep-dive, masterclass in Central London. Hosted by Rob Verkerk PhD, this is a rare opportunity to learn and interact with two of the most visionary thought leaders in the regenerative health field today.
‘The case for drug-free medicine and 25 CPNI interventions’
Stress is only stress when it irritates long enough to produce a molecular pattern that activates the immune system. In this way it becomes logical that toxic emotions or toxic thoughts can make you ill. The conventional view of health and disease has forgotten that a disease is the consequence of a universal phenomenon called ‘Life’. So to unravel the film of every malady, it is necessary to identify the stressors and pathways by which ‘irritation’ causes inflammation. From here, we can learn how to change ‘Life’, along with our responses and behaviours, to reduce or eliminate inflammation and become robust, as nature intended.
Date: Friday 17th November
Time: 9am – 5.30pm
Venue: The China Exchange, London or via livestream
Booking Link: http://leopruimboom.eventzilla.net/
If you’re a Pathfinder Health Practitioner member you can log into your account to get an exclusive discount for the event or drop the team a line at [email protected].
- Americans would be willing to pay more for ‘healthy’ ultra-processed foods (UPFs) and eat more that include more ‘nutritious’ ingredients or are labelled with health claims. Results of a new survey from synthetic biology company, Ayana Bio, also reveals taste, convenience, longer shelf lives and low cost as the top reasons US consumers opt for UPFs.
>>> Farm-free food and ferming: are these the only options for planetary health?
>>> The Real Food ‘Issue’
>>> Ditch UPFs and discover the power of turning real food into powerful medicine with RESET EATING
- Frequent consumption of ultra-processed foods (UPFs) reduces the cognitive function of children aged 4-7 according to a new Chinese study published in Frontiers in Nutrition
- What do you do with the waste from food production systems? Reframe it as a ‘side stream’ and propose the use of it to make ingredients for ultra-processed foods. Side streams could be used to replace ingredients such as refined sugar, starch or animal fats in ultra-processed food or be even further processed to be used as an ingredient for plant-based ‘meat’
- Does eating meat put people at risk of developing type 2 diabetes (T2D)? According to a new study, led by Dr Walter Willetts, it does. The study, published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, links regular consumption of red meat with a significantly higher risk of developing T2D. What’s not mentioned in media coverage is many of those followed were also overweight and less physically active than those who ate the least amount of meat. The study is being used, once again, to push the message that saturated fat and red meat is inherently unhealthy and recommends swapping red meat for plant-based proteins in line with the EAT-Lancet Planetary Health diet, which Prof Willett was a key player in developing. Dr Zoe Harcombe dissects the study finding multiple issues in the way it was carried out and its final conclusions
- The Danish government has published an action plan setting out the government’s vision to push plant-based diets on its population by increasing production of meat alternatives and promoting the consumption of plant-based foods
- The role of high-fructose corn syrup in the development of obesity and metabolic disease is thrown into stark view as part of a new study published in Obesity, which reveals obesity is the result of a disorded metabolism. Something we’ve been discussing and exposing for years.
>>> ANH-Intl Feature: Are governments deliberately on the wrong anti-obesity track?
- As part of efforts to reduce food related illness, the US Food and Drug Administration has appointed a Deputy Commissioner for Human Foods. The new program promises to tackle diet related disease by beating the same drum as previously, which is unlikely to result in much change. It also throws a new lens on supplements in the form of safety – an area we’ll be watching closely.
>>> ANH-Intl Special Report: Analysis of the EAT-Lancet report
>>> Food for thought – the only fix for the obesity epidemic is to change the way we eat
>>> Feature: The red meat witch-hunt exposed
- The link between gut and brain health has been long known to natural health practitioners, yet it’s still a relatively new concept in mainstream science. A new rat study is eliciting claims that researchers have just discovered the link between gut dysbiosis, inflammation and the development of Alzheimer’s disease, after rats that received gut microbes from people with Alzheimer’s developed memory problems
- Candida albicans could be responsible for the breakdown of the blood-brain barrier and subsequent production of amyloid plaques commonly associated with the development of Alzheimer’s. A new study published in Cell suggests the amyloid aggregations found in Alzheimer’s patients could be generated by the brain in response to candida infection. Candida is commonly associated with poor gut health, which allows candida yeasts to become pathogenic and affect other areas of the body. It’s worth noting the link between gut barrier permeability and the breakdown of the blood-brain barrier
- Poor gut health in patients with Parkinson’s disease promotes progression of the condition. A new mouse study, published in Cell Reports, sheds more light on the link between neurodegeneratice disease and gut health
>>> A gut feeling about Parkinson’s
>>> Alzheimer’s disease: cheap nutrients outperform latest drug
>>> Miracle molecules that reverse biological age
- More and more pregnant women in America are increasingly refusing vaccines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A new study published in the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) reveals just 50% of pregnant women opted to have recommended vaccines during 2022-23, whilst under 30% accepted a covid jab, due to growing scepticism over the safety of jabs during pregnancy fuelling vaccine hesitancy.
>>> You thought vaccines were just for kids?
- Following the removal of CBD products from its shelves recently, while it reviewed the new guidelines issued by the UK’s Food Standards Agency reducing the daily safe dose, Holland & Barrett has now reinstated all the products
- In related news, the UK government has now published details of its proposed limits for THC (Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive substance in CBD products. In an email published on the UK government website, the government accepts advice that THC levels should not exceed 50 mcg per unit of consumption. More work is needed to clarify both dosages and THC levels in order to get the novel food process moving again
>>> Will novel food law prevent consumer access to CBD in the UK or Europe?
>>> Carving a way forward for CBD and other cannabinoids
- Banning PFAS chemicals in the EU appears to have been dropped by the European Commission due to extensive lobbying by Big Ag corporates. The Commission’s Work Programme 2024 document, fails to mention the proposed PFAS ban, instead referring to the classification, labelling and packaging of chemicals in order to advance towards zero pollution and protect and restore nature. It’s unclear whether the original proposal to ban PFAS chemicals has been mothballed or dropped completely. The paper also brings the approval of gene edited plants a step closer, stating new genomic techniques should be agreed, suggesting the EC is bowing to industry pressure.
>>> PFAS: The unfolding chemical disaster
>>> ANH-USA study finds ‘forever chemicals’ in kale
>>> The PFAS ‘Dirty Dozen’ Exposed
- The Chan Zuckerbeg Biohub Network has announced the formation of a new Biohub in New York. It aims to harness the natural capabilities of our immune cells to detect and fix abnormalities in our bodies at very early stages. It will then bioengineer immune cells to create new capabilities to “…detect and potentially treat events before they lead to untreatable disease”.
- The dangers of the genetic modification of insects are underscored by news that GMO cotton crops in India have experienced one of the worst pink bollworm infestations since the introduction of Bt cotton. The pest has become increasingly resistant to the genetically modified cotton plants, developed to combat the pest, proving yet again that nature will always outwit and circumvent whatever attempts we make to counter pests
- In the EU, a draft report from the rapporteur of the European Parliament’s Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety has been labelled unacceptable by the European Non-GMO Industry Association (ENGA). The report reflects industry pressures to remove labelling requirements to disclose whether a plant has been produced by gene editing, now known as New Genomic Techniques (NGTs). The report also proposes the ban on the use of NGTs in organic food be removed. GM Watch has more
>>> ANH Founder’s Appeal: Human 2.0 wake-up call from nature
- A key Chinese medicine university course, offered by RMIT University in Australia, will be discontinued from next year due to a drop in the number of enrolments. The decision to remove the course from the curriculum follows the closure of RMIT University’s Chinese medicine Confucius Institute, due to concerns it was part of the Chinese Communist Party’s propaganda efforts.
- The Westminster Declaration brings together a wide range of individuals, including journalists, activists, scientists and academics, to demand the dismantling of the Censorship Industrial Complex in the name of freedom of speech. The Westminster Declaration is the brainchild of Michael Shellenberger and Andrew Lownthal. Matt Taibbi, who also had a hand in its inception, describes how the Declaration came to be
- New Zealand politician, Liz Gunn, has followed up on pre-election promises to out the damage being caused by covid shots in a new video. In it, she discusses data and analysis shared with her and others by a whistleblower, purporting to show tens of thousands of New Zealanders have died following covid jabs. She cites the case of 30 people who were jabbed on the same day, by the same clinic, who all died within a similar timeframe to each other. New Zealand Doctors Speaking out with Science (NZDSOS) discuss the video and their repeated warnings about the potential harms of covid jabs
- A peer-reviewed study, published in BMC Infectious Diseases, that found covid shots could be responsible for nearly 300,000 deaths in the US, was retracted after anonymous complainants alleged the author, Dr Mark Skidmore, didn’t follow proper procedures. Following a 7-month investigation by his university, with support from Liberty Counsel, Dr Skidmore has been cleared of any wrongdoing. The paper has now been published in Science, Public Health Policy & the Law. Dr James Lyons-Weiler has the full story
- A new safety signal for seizures/convulsions, has been detected for children aged 2-5 years following covid shots. Using health insurance data a new preprint study from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) found signals for both myo-/pericarditis in 12-17 year old children, as well as the signal for seizures/convulsions for young children
- Sean Hartman died 33 days after receipt of his covid shot so he could continue to play hockey. Sean’s father has now filed a lawsuit against Pfizer, seeking $35.6 million in damages due to the lack of warning over the risks posed by the jabs
- The World Health Organization is wriggling and jiggling in order to weasel its way out of sharing the finalised International Health Regulations Amendments by its mandated deadline, 4 months ahead of the scheduled vote in May 2024, by simply ignoring the rules. Meryl Nass explains the bait and switch and what it means
- This year’s Nobel Prize in Chemistry has been awarded to quantum dot pioneers. However, the scientists involved may not even understand the extent to which quantum dot technology will be used to implement totalitarian control through use with digital IDs, holding medical/vaccination records and generally catalysing the process towards transhumanism
- The mechanism behind how covid shots cause heart damage is revealed in a new research letter published in the British Journal of Pharmacology. Using rats, the researchers found that cardiac cells producing the spike protein that was induced by the mRNA covid jabs, disrupted heart function. Igor Chudov has more
- Scientific models relied on by the UK’s Health Security Agency (UKHSA) as a basis for the implementation of non-pharmaceutical covid interventions such as lockdowns, were extremely poor scientifically and should not have been used to justify the use of lockdowns and other interventions. These are the conclusions of Drs Carl Heneghan and Tom Jefferson, who undertook a detailed review of 100 models used by the UKHSA. in the absence of any review undertaken by the UKHSA, which has stated it didn’t have the resources to appraise the evidence used
- The lack of evidence for lockdowns has also been revealed by Professor Mark Woolhouse,
a member of the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Modelling (SPI-M-O), while giving evidence at the UK’s Covid Inquiry. He revealed that UK government scientists were never asked to model the harms of lockdowns. He also said his team weren’t asked to model the effects of alternatives to lockdowns
- The greater the amount of DNA fragments in covid shots, the higher the likelihood of adverse reactions occurring, according to a new preprint paper comparing levels of DNA contamination in Pfizer and Moderna covid shots with VAERS data
- A new paper published in Correlation, from Denis Rancourt PhD and Joseph Hickey PhD, dismisses claims, made in a 2022 paper published in Lancet Infectious Diseases, that covid shots saved ‘millions of lives’ as a “…ridiculous notion, invented in a modelling fantasy land”. Denis Rancourt discusses the paper on his Substack.
>>> Visit covidzone.org for our complete curated covid content of the coronavirus crisis